Most eye diseases have a recognizable set of signs and symptoms. Our Disease Glossary presents the best available clinical evidence for almost 100 common eye diseases and includes over 1,000 high-definition images to help in the recognition of these conditions.
In a general sense, evidence-based eye care incorporates three principles:
- The eye doctor’s clinical expertise
- Best available external clinical evidence from systematic research
- Patient values and expectations
To help incorporate these principles into clinical practice, Decision-Maker PLUS provides a Disease Glossary to enhance the doctor’s clinical expertise.
A study of the Disease Glossary will increase the doctor’s knowledge and awareness of various disease states and it outlines the current best practices regarding diagnosis and treatment. Also, because it can be integrated into the clinical workflow at the point-of-care, the Disease Glossary can be used to educate staff or as a resource to educate patients during the eye examination.
A typical Disease Glossary listing consists of the following:
- Definition of the eye disease
- Natural history of the disease
- Milestones of development
- Structural damage to the eye
- Functional damage to the visual system
- Diagnostic evaluation
- Abnormal signs and symptoms
- Images on the clinical appearance of the structures of the eye in health and disease
- Interpretation of diagnostic test results
- Classification system
- Differential diagnoses
- Treatment options